Delicious and easy Tiramisu Cupcakes Makes – 12 Cupcakes Frosting – 6 Cupcakes Double the frosting recipe to make the frosting for 12 Cupcakes. Ingredients: All Purpose Flour – 1 1/2 Cups Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp Milk – 1/2 Cup (at room temperature) Salt – 1/4 tsp …
So make this healthy recipe your family will just fall in love with this yummy curry. Enjoy!!!
- Cabbage (finely chopped or shredded using food processor) – 3 cups
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies – 2 no
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Shredded Coconut (Fresh of frozen) – 1/4 cup
- Green Chilles – 6 no or to taste
Step 1 : In a pan heat Oil
Step 2 : when the oil is hot, add mustard seeds when they start popping add cumin seeds,curry leaves,red chillies,turmeric powder.
Step 3 : Then add shredded cabbage into the pan add salt,cover and cook till cabbage is nice and soft but not mushy.
Step 4 : Add green chilli, shredded coconut, salt to taste
Step 5 : Cover and cook on low to medium heat till the cabbage absorbs all the flavour from coconut.
Step 6 : Serve it hot with rice, roti, chapathi or Phulka.
Crispy flatbread is known by the name Dibba Rotti in Andhra Pradesh for its texture and apprearence. Dibba is thick and Rotti means bread. So that’s how the name comes to this dish, Dibba Rotti. One can make this and enjoy any time of the day. Traditionally served with Spicy Mango Pickle, it tastes fabulous. It goes well with any spicy and tangy chutney like ginger pickle too.
Makes – 4 thick rottis
Preparation time – 10 mins
Soaking time – 4 hrs
- Rice – 1 Cup
- Split Skinless Blackgram – 1 Cup
- Green Chillies – 10 or to taste
- Ginger – 1 1/2 inch piece
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin Seeds – 3/4 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1/2 no
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 2 Tbsp
- Oil – 1/4 Cup (add more or less)
- Wash the rice and dal together under running water.
- Rinse them thoroughly and drain the water. Add plenty of fresh water and let them soak for 4 hrs.
- After 4 hrs, drain the water drom the dal and rice.
- Into the blender add in the soaked dal and rice.
- Also add in green chillies, ginger and salt.
- Grind them with 2 Tbsp of water to a thick and coarse paste.
- To the ground batter, add cumin seeds, baking soda, cilantro, chopped onion.
- Mix thoroughly until combined, especially that baking soda should be mixed well with the batter.
- Heat a deep pan, add in 1 Tbsp of oil.
- When the oil is hot,add in three ladleful of the ground batter and spread it slightly.
- Cover and fry for 5 mins on LOW to MEDIUM heat.
- After 5 mins, open the cover and flip to fry for 3 more mins or until the rotti becomes golden on the other side as well. (without using the lid)
- Serve the rotti hot with ginger chutney or Mango Pickle.
- Reapeat the steps until you finish the batter.
- Addition of oil is done to keep it crispy and appetitable. But, one can eliminate or use less oil and serve them with Yogurt and pickle to add some creamy taste to the Rottis.
- One can grate some vegetables like carrot, cabbage and add into the batter to add some color. But traditionally it is done this way.
- One can even make one big Rotti using all the batter in one go and slice them into quarters for serving.
Snow Balls are a great tasting and easy to make dessert. Made with fresh fruits, bread, topped with eggless custard and cream, makes them creamy and delightful. You can make them ahead of time and serve for lunch or dinner . I’m sure you will LOVE for their simplicity, taste and elegance.
Serves – 4
- Pear (chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Apple (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Orange (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Cashews (Chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Banana (finely chopped) – half no
- Cinnamon powder – pinch (optional)
- Grapes (finely chopped) – 5 no
- Almonds (chopped) – 4 no
- Pistachios (chopped) – 4
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp
- Jam – 1/4 Cup (I used Blueberry Jam, feel free to use any flavor that you prefer)
- Bread (trim the crust)- 4 slices
- Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Honey – 2 Tbsp
- Whipped Topping – 1/2 Cup You can use the fresh malai instead of cool whip
- Custard – Make using 250 ml of milk (watch my fruit custard recipe)
- Make custard and refrigerate it or use it at the room temperature.
- Into a mixing bowl, add in chopped pear, chopped apple, chopped orange segments, grapes, pistachios, almonds, cashews, cinnamon powder, chopped banana.
- Add 1 Tbsp of sugar and mix well until combined.
- Take one of the slices and apply 1/2 Tbsp of jam all over the bread slice on one side.
- Into separate bowl with milk, add in 1 Tbsp of sugar mix well until dissolved.
- Dip the bread slice into the milk and squeeze out extra milk. It should be just moist.
- Place 2 Tbsp of fruit stuffing at the center of the slice and join all the edges to shape into a round ball.
- Stuff all the bread slices in the similar fashion. Keep aside.
- Place the shaped ball in the serving bowl, add 2 Tbsp of custard.
- Add whipped topping on top. zdrizzle some honey on top.
- Add 1 tsp of jam on top. garnish with more fruit on top.
- If needed spread the jam slightly with the toothpick to give a marbled effect to the desert.
- Repeat this process with all the prepared fruit balls.
- Serve them chilled.
I have a lot of memories associated with this curry. My mom used to make this for us and pack it in our lunch boxes. This is such a easy to make curry that you can make even if you are on the go it hardly takes 15 mins to cook . Roasted Chanadal Powder brings out a unique taste to this dish. You can enjoy this curry with chapathi or even with rice.
Serves – 2
Preparation time : 5 min
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli Whole – 2
- Curry Leaves – few
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Onion (Chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Bell Pepper (cubed) – 1 big
- Green chilli Paste – to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Roasted Chanadal Powder – 1/4 cup
Heat oil in a pan , season with mustrad seeds allo to slutter completely and add cumin seeds and allow to sizzle and add red chillies, curry leaves, turmeric powder and cook for 30 secs.
Add in the onion and cook for a min. Open cover and add bell pepper and cook both onion and bell pepper together until soft but not mushy. Do not add salt while adding the bell peppers.
Once they are done add in the green chilli paste salt and roasted chanadal powder (powder from the dalia) and mix well and cover to cook for 2 mins and serve hot with chapathi or rice.
Ever popular and everybody’s favorite chocolate cake is easy to make at home. Follow these steps to get a moist and spongy Eggless Chocolate Cake.
Makes – 1 Cake (7″)
Preparation time – 5 mins
Baking time – 35 to 45 mins
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 Cup + 1 Tbsp extra for dusting the pan
- Milk Powder – 3 Tbsp
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 6 Tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 3/4 Cup
- Yogurt (Curd) – 1/4 Cup at room temperature
- Hot Water – 1/2 Cup
- Whole Milk (full fat milk) – 1/2 Cup at room temperature
- Butter – 1/2 Cup (melted)
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Distilled White Vinegar or Lemon or lime juice – 1 Tbsp
- Instant Coffee Powder (like Nescafe instant Coffee) – 1 tsp (Optional)
- In a mixing bowl, sift All purpose Flour, unsweetened Cocoa Powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder, milk powder. Set it aside.
- In another bowl, add sugar, melted butter, yogurt, milk, vanilla. Mix until homogeneous . Set it aside.
- Into boiling water add in instant coffee powder and mix until homogeneous. Set this aside. Omit coffee and use just hot water if you don’t want to use coffee.
- Just before mixing the dry and wet ingredients, start preheating any thick pan or a pressure cooker with 2 Cups of salt or sand.
- Place another small bowl or cooker plates after adding the salt. Preheat the pan for five mins covered with a lid on HIGH heat.
- Now start greasing the pan and lining with parchment paper or dusting with flour, so that cake doesn’t stick and comes out clean.
- Next mix in the dry ingredients with the wet all together.
- Mix well until you get a smooth batter.
- Once the pressure cooker is preheated and ready, then mix in the vinegar or lemon juice with the batter just until combined.
- Immediately add the batter into the cake tin and place on top of another bowl or cooker plate. Cover with the lid. Bake on MEDIUM heat for 5 mins.
- After 5 mins. reduce the flame to LOW MEDIUM and bake for 35 – 40 mins or until tooth pick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once the cake is baked, carefully move it onto a wire rack and rest it in the pan for 5 mins.
- After 5 mins of resting, invert the cake onto a cake cooling rack and serve it as it is.
- Let the cake cool completely if you want to frost it.
- Garnish with some fresh berries and sprinkle some powdered sugar.
- Timing is important while cooking. So, mixing the dry and wet ingredients should be done just while pan or the pressure cooker is preheating.
- Mixing vinegar into the cake should be done just before baking.
- Omit coffee if you are making for kids.
- Depending on the type of the pan you are using, baking time varies. So, keep an eye so that you don’t end up with an over baked cake.
- Cover it with Chocolate Ganache or frosting of your choice once the cake has cooled down completely.
- One can bake the same cake in oven at 350 F for 25 – 35 mins.
Strawberry Burfi is another variation of traditional Indian burfi. Strawberries used in this recipe make it naturally colorful and adds a wonderful flavor. Ingredients: Strawberries (remove the stalks and wash them under running water) – 18 medium Butter – 1/4 Cup Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp Sugar – 1/4 …
Tiramisu is a creamy Italian dessert with layers of lady fingers and mascarpone cheese. It has a lovely mocha flavor which everybody loves. Now, you can make this dessert without eggs and ladyfingers. Let’s see how to make it from the scratch Makes – 9 servings Ingredients: All Purpose Flour – …
Coconut and Mawa Burfi is perfect dessert to make on any special occasion. Milk solids make this dessert rich and creamy. Dry coconut is simmered in milk and milk solids and flavored with cardamom. And the pistachio topping makes this dessert look elegant and tempting. Do try this recipe and enjoy …
Gulab Jamun is the most popular among all the Indian desserts. Dried milk balls fried and soaked in sugar syrup just melt in mouth. One can make this on any special occasion to treat your sweet tooth. Makes – 15 jamuns Mawa (grated) – 1 Cup tightly packed All …
Snow Balls are a great tasting and easy to make dessert. Made with fresh fruits, bread, topped with eggless custard and cream, makes them creamy and delightful. You can make them ahead of time and serve for lunch or dinner . I’m sure you will LOVE for their simplicity, taste and elegance. …
Cheese making sounds critical. Unlike other cheeses Mascarpone is easy to make and cheap when we make at home than buying from the stores. It is easy to make and tastes divine. It is widely used in making array of desserts. So here is the recipe. Ingredients: Heavy Cream …
Have you ever visited CHUTNEYS restaurant in Hyderabad? It is popular for the variety of dosas and idlis they offer. Early this summer, when my brother visited us, he talked about this dosa that he had in CHUTNEYS. He explained how it looks and tastes like. It seemed like a great idea to try it at home. …
Ennai Kathrikai kolambu or Kuzhambu is a very tasty side dish from south of India. It is made with baby eggplants and spices with lot of oil. You can reduce the amount of oil and make it healthier. I deep fried my eggplants but pan frying till tender also works. Choose fresh and tender baby …