Quick, creamy and flavorful Bhindi/ Okra Curry Ingredients: Tomatoes – 2 medium Cashews – 10 no Oil – 2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp Lady Fingers/ Okra (wash, pat dry, trim the ends, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces – 300 gms Capsicum (cut into bite size pieces) – 1/4 cup Carom Seeds/ Ajwain – 3/4 …
Delicious and easy Tiramisu Cupcakes
Makes – 12 Cupcakes
Frosting – 6 Cupcakes Double the frosting recipe to make the frosting for 12 Cupcakes.
- All Purpose Flour – 1 1/2 Cups
- Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 Cup (at room temperature)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Eggs – 2 large
- Butter – 1/2 Cup (at room temperature)
- Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Castor Sugar – 1 Cup
- Heavy Cream – 1/2 Cup (Cold)
- Mascarpone Cheese – 4 oz (room temperature)
- Confectionary Sugar (icing Sugar ) – 1/4 Cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1/4 tsp
- Hot water – 3/4 Cup
- Coffee Powder – 2 Tbsp
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Cocoa Powder – 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder
- Chocolate flakes – for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Line your cupcake pan with liners.
- Into a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well together.
- You can sift them so that they will be properly combined.
- In another bowl, add butter, sugar, vanilla extract. Cream them together.
- Add the eggs into the creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Beat well using a whisk until creamy.
- While beating slowly, add the flour and milk alternately beginning and ending with the flour.
- You should get a smooth and lump free batter.
- Scoop the batter using an icecream scoop or a ladle.
- Add into the lined cupcake liners.
- Bake them in the oven for 17- 20 mins or until toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool completely on a cooling rack.
Making Espresso using a traditional contraption:
- In the top cup with the perforated holes, add in the coffee powder.
- Press with the lid genlty and add 3/4 Cup of water.
- Let it brew for 10 mins.
- So you get strong coffee collected in the container beneath.
- Now add the collected coffee into the warm water and add the sugar. Mix well until combined.
- Mix well and keep it ready.
Preparing the cupakes for frosting:
- Once the cupcakes cool completely, make holes all over the cupcakes using a for randomly.
- Pour in the espresso or bast it using a brush for all the cupcakes.
- Rest them sit for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile make the frosting.
- Into a mixing bow, add the mascarpone cheese, icing sugar.
- Mix it nice a good until creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract. Mix well until combined. Set it aside.
- In a clean bowl add the whipping cream.
- Beat it using clean beaters till stiff peaks.
- Add the mascarpone cheese mixture into whipped cream.
- Mix well until combined.
- DO NOT beat it just mix using a spatula.
Decorating the Cupcakes with the frosting:
- Transfer the frosting into a piping bag and frost them the way you prefer.
- Dust them using a tea strainer with some cocoa powder.
- Top them with some chocolate flakes.
- Refrigerate for 5 hrs or serve immediately.
Exotic Hyderadi gravy dish that is made with eggplant the king of the vegetables. THis is my favorite vegetable and I absolutely love this with pulavs or biryani and my all time favorite way of having this is with bhakri.. no with rice.. no no with chapathi.. I really can’t pick one from all these. All I can say is I love this curry absolutely..
Serves – 4
Preparation Time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Onion (Chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Baby Eggplants (Washed, cut in such a way that the stems are intact) – 10
- Roasted peasnuts – 1/4 cup
- Roasted Sesame seeds – 2 Tbsp
- Water for blending peanuts and sesame seeds – 1/2 cup
- Water for curry – 2 cups (adjust according your taste)
- Red Chilli Powder – to taste
- Sal t- to taste
- Tamarind concentrate or fresh tamarind – to taste
- Jaggery – to taste
- Coarinder powdr – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro – for garnish
Heat oil in a wide pan, once the oil is enough hot add in the mustard seeds and allow to pop and add int the cumin seeds, add ginger garlic paste and cook for 30 secs.
Add in the onion and cook for 2 mins, followed by eggplants). Add pinch of salt and cover to cook till they are 70% done.
Now blend peanuts and sesame seeds to make a fine paste and add the paste to the cooked mixture. Spice it up with red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, salt, jaggery, tamarind conc and adjust the consistency of the curry by adding enough water.
Allow the curry to boil for 5 to 7 mins till the eggplants re completely cooked and even the spices are well absorbed by the eggplants. Serve the cilantro topped curry with chapathi, pulav, rice, biryani or anything you like.
Jal Jeera is a popular summer drink in India. It is refreshing and has bursting flavors coming from mint and freshly roasted and ground cumin seeds. One can call it an Indian Lemonade. Try this recipe and I’m sure you will be blown out. I freshly made a Jal Jeera Masala instead of using the store bought masala mix. That makes all the difference
Watch Step by Step Video Recipe here:
Serves – 2- 3 people
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Mint – Leaves – 1/4 Cup
- Coriander Leaves – 1/4 Cup
- Ginger – small piece
- Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (HIng) – pinch
- Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Lemon Juice – 2 1/2 Tbsps
- Sugar – 2 – 3 Tbsp or to taste
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Into a blender add in cilantro, mint leaves, black salt, ginger, asafoetida,salt, roasted cumin powder, dry mango powder.
- Add in 2 tsp of lemon juice first and crush all the ingredients to a coarse paste.
- Then add in the remaining lemon juice and grind to a fine paste.
- Pass the blended paste through sieve and mix with 2 cups of chilled water.
- Add in the sugar and mix well.
- Fill the serving glass with enough ice cubes and add in the Jal Jeera into the glass.
- Serve it immediately.
Serves – 4
Preparation time – 10 mins
Soaking time – 4 hrs or over night
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Raw Rice — 2 Cups (100ml Cup)
- Bengal Gram — 1/4Cup (100ml Cup)
- Black Gram – 1/4Cup (100ml Cup)
- Green Gram – 1/4Cup (100ml Cup)
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies – 20 or to taste
- Cilantro – 3 Tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Urid dal – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- Oil – 4 Tbsp
Step 1 : Wash and drain raw rice, bengal gram, green gram, balckgram, fernugreek seeds and then soak them in fresh water for 10 hrs or if not 4 hrs atleast.
Step 2 : Blend it into a smooth paste adding water as required.
Step 3 : Let this batter ferment for atleast 10hrs. (I usually set my oven to the minimum temperature and turn it off and place the batter vessel inside the oven. I’ll repeat this for every 3 to 4
hrs. People in warm countries like India would place in any warm place at home)
Step 4 : Now add in the green chilli, ginger paste, salt, cumin seeds, turmeic powder, urid dal and water to bring the batter to the right consistancy.
Step 5 : Use any puff pan to fry these ponganalu.
Step 6 : Lightly spray the non stick spray or if u dont have one add oil into all the spaces (1/4 tsp into each hole)
Step 7 : fry them on both the sides till golden brown in color. Serve them with chutney or majjiga charu. Enjoy!!!
Hush Puppies are a popular Mexican Snack recipe. I made it eggless for my vegetarian friends. Try this version and you will never miss on the texture of the Hush Puppies. Addition of whole wheat pastry flour instead of All Purpose Flour is a healthy twist to the recipe again. If you are health conscious you can lightly spray with oil or butter and bake instead of deep fat frying. Enjoy!
Serves – 2 to 3
Preparation time – 10 mins
Waiting time – 30 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Whole Wheat Pastry Flour – 1/2 Cup
- Yellow Corn Meal – 1/2 Cup
- Onion (finely Chopped) – 1 medium
- Greek Yogurt – 3/4 Cup
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies (finely Chopped) – 4 or to taste
- Cilantro (finely Chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Ginger (grated) – 1 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
For the batter:
- In a mixing bowl add pastry flour, cornmeal, onion, cumin seeds, baking soda, green chillies, cilantro, ginger, greek yogurt and make a thick batter.
- Leave the batter covered in a warm place for 30 mins
For Deep Frying:
- After 30 mins take the batter out and mix well and heat the oil for deep frying.
- Heat the oil till it is moderately hot.
- Shape the batter in 1/2 inch round balls and drop into oil and fry them till golden on medium heat.
- Drain the fried Hush puppies on a paper towel.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining batter. Enjoy as is or with Salsa or Ketchup.
- One can replace whole wheat pastry flour with a combination of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour in 1: 1 ratio.
- Or simply use only all purpose flour for tastier Hush Puppies.
- Corn kernels can be slightly crushed and added into the batter before frying. It gives a different texture and flavor.
- If you dont have greek yogurt replace it with normal yogurt.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.sruthiskitchen.com/2016/12/06/ajwaini-bhindi-masala/
Quick, easy and healthy Andhra recipe that can be made in under 15 mins and it taste divine when served with steamed rice and fresh cut onions on the side. Try this heavenly combination and enjoy with your family. Click here to watch step by step of making this simple and yummy side dish …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.sruthiskitchen.com/2016/02/29/paalakoora-pulusu-koora-traditional-andhra-recipe-under-15-mins/
Creamy, delicate and melt in mouth Dahi Kebab Recipe. Preparation time – 10 mins Cooking time – 30 mins Ingredients Hung Yogurt (Cold) – 250gms Paneer – 100 gas Cheese (grated) – 1/4 Cup Brown Onions – 1/4 Cup Green Chillies – 5 or to taste Onion (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup Cilantro (finely chopped) …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.sruthiskitchen.com/2016/02/22/dahi-kebab-melt-in-mouth-kebab/
Three interesting Balushahi varieties. Make these juicy Balushahi this Diwali and enjoy. Happy Diwali Makes – 20 Badusha Preparation time – 1 hr Resting time – 1 hr Process: For traditional Badusha: In a wide bowl,sift all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda together. Make a well in the center and add curd, melted …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.sruthiskitchen.com/2015/11/08/3-badusha-balushahi-recipes-diwali-special-dessert-recipe/
Hi Everyone, wish you all a very happy dussehra Let’s make a traditional Kaju Katli recipe today. It is an awesome Indian sweet that is usually made during Diwali, but one can make it for any festival. Kaju Katli is also known as Kaju Barfi in some regions. It is made with simple everyday ingredients …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.sruthiskitchen.com/2015/10/22/kaju-katli-kaju-barfi-quick-indian-festive-dessert-recipe/
Soya Manchurian is a quick snack that is made with Soya Chunks that everybody stocks their pantry with. It is such an awesome preparation that anybody instantly falls in love. When you run out of fresh vegetables and still want to enjoy manchurian during snack time, this is it! Soya Manchurian can be made quickly …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.sruthiskitchen.com/2015/10/17/soya-manchurian-quick-evening-snack-under-20-mins/
Banana Caramel Crunch Ice Cream is inspired from ColdeStone’s Creamery, a popular Ice cream joint in the United States. This is one of my favorite ice cream flavors. Traditional Banana Caramel Crunch that Coldstone uses French Vanilla ice cream as the base but to make keep it egg free, I made it with cream and …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.sruthiskitchen.com/2015/07/14/banana-caramel-crunch-no-machine-ice-cream/
Spinach and Rice Balls are amazingly delicious snack which are made using Cooked Rice, potato, Spinach and few other simple spices. These balls are super quick to make if you have some leftover rice at home. I often make these balls and serve with coconut chutney or peanut chutney. You can serve them as they …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.sruthiskitchen.com/2015/07/10/spinach-rice-balls-quick-snack-recipe/
Mango Delight is a creamy layered dessert with made with Mango pulp and vanilla flavored whipped cream. Serves – 5 Preparation time – 5 mins Total time – 15 mins Ingredients: Heavy Whipping Cream (It should be cold) – 1 Cup Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp Powdered Sugar – …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.sruthiskitchen.com/2015/06/20/mango-delight-quick-mango-dessert-under-15-mins/
There is something special about homemade fresh bread. Kerala Parotta is one such delicious bread that is popular on the streets of Kerala. People find it tricky to get thin multiple layers which are flaky and smooth at the same time. In this recipe I go through step by step process of making this parotta. …
Permanent link to this article: http://www.sruthiskitchen.com/2015/06/19/kerala-parotta/