Sooji Toast is something that I prefer to make when I am in a hurry and don’t have mood to cook. This is a simple breakfast recipe, you can add or omit any vegetables or spices and make it taste different and yummy every time you make.
Serves – 2
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Semolina (coarse variety) – 1/2 cup
- Yogurt (Curd) – 1/2 Cup
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Green chillies (finely chopped) – to taste
- Tomato (finely chopped) – 1/2 no
- Curry Leaves – few
- Carrot (shredded) – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Ginger (grated) – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder -pinch
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Bread Slices – 5 large
- Ghee or oil – 3 tsp
Into a bowl add semolina and yogurt mix well and cover to rest until you chop up all the vegetables.
Then add in everything into the bowl except the bread slices and oil and mix with the yogurt and semolina.
Heat the pan and while that is getting ready, spread sooji and vegetable mixture onto one of the sides each bread slice and toast the bread on both sides with some oil or ghee until it turn golden in color on both the sides.