Serves – 2
Preparation time – 10 mins
Soaking time – 8 hrs or overnight.
Cooking time – 15 mins + 30 mins pressure cooking time
- Chickpea (Garbanzo Beans) – 1/2 Cup
- oil – 2 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Cloves – 2 no
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 no
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – to taste
- Chole Masala Powder – 2 tsp or tot aste
- Salt – to taste
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 2 Tbsp
- Water – 1 cup or adjust to your required consistency
In the pressure cooker pan, add allow, heat the oil it is is medium hot, add in bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds and fry for 10 secs. Add in onion and cook till they are soft. Add Ginger and garlic paste and cook for 30 secs.
Once the raw smell from the ginger and garlic goes away, then add in the chole masala powder, red chilli powder, salt and fry for 30 secs. Add tomato and cook till they are nice and soft.
Add Chickpea (drain the water in which they are soaked) into the pressure cooker and enough water to cook the chana, Cover and cook till 1 whistle and simmer for half an hour. Serve it with any Indian Bread.