Pulihora is a traditional South Indian recipe. There are many ways of making pulihora, this one is made with raw mango. As raw mangoes are just seasonal, one can make this when the mangoes are in season and enjoy it.
Serves – 2
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Rice (washed, rinsed and cooked) – 1 Cup
- Raw mango (washed and peeled ) 1/2 medium size
- Fresh Coconut – 2 Tbsp
- Potato (washed peeled and sliced thin) – 1 medium (optional)
- Baby eggplant (washed and sliced)- – 2 small (optional I didn’t add here)
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Dry Red Chilli Whole – 2 no
- Green Chilli – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Asafoetida (Hing) – pinch
- Coriander Leaves – 1/2 Tbsp
- Cashews (chopped) – 1 Tbsp
Blend Mango coarsely and set aside.
Blend green chillies, coconut, cilantro, salt to a coarse paste and set aside.
Heat up a skillet and heat the oil, add in mustard seeds and allow to pop then add in cumin seeds, red chilli, hing, curry leaves, cashews and add cashews or any other dals such as split chandal and urid dal and fry till golden in color.
Add potato and cook till soft but retain their shape, add in turmeric powder and mango paste, green chilli cilantro paste and cook for a min.
Mix this with the cooked rice and serve with papad or as is. Enjoy!!!