Chilli Paneer is a spicy Indo chinese appetizer in which Paneer is cooked with bell peppers and many Chinese sauces and Indian spices. This can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish for roti or parathaor any Indian Bread.
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time 20 mins
Serves – 3
For preparing paneer marinade :
- Paneer (cubed) – 1 Cup
- Egg – 1 no (optional use water if you want to skip egg)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Corn flour – 2 Tbsp
- All purpose Flour – 2 Tbsp
For Stir Frying :
- Bell Peper (Cubed) – 1 Cup
- Onion (Cubed) – 1/4 Cup
- Marinade – above the preparation
- Oil – 4 Tbsp
For Curry –
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 1/2 Tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Tomato (finely chopped) – 3 Tbsp or substitute with tomato ketchup
- kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – to taste
- Green Chilli (finely chopped) – to taste
- Chilli Garlic Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice – to taste
- Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander powder – 1 Tbsp
- Coriander Leaves (chopped) – 2 Tbsp
- Curry leaves – few
- water – 1/2 Cup (If you want a thin gravy)
Heat 4 Tbsp of oil in a pan, while it is getting ready, mix all the ingredients under paneer marinade section (paneer, ginger garlic paste, egg, salt, corn flour, all purpose flour). Once the oil is ready add in the prepared marinade and fry till golden in color all over. Remove from the pan and move it onto the paper towel.
Into the same oil fry the Bell peppers, onion until they are just tender. Remoe and set them aside.
Into the same pan add 2 tsp of oil, season it with cumin seeds, allow to sizzle, add garlic, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, onion. Cook until onion is soft.
Add kashmiri red chilli pawder, coriander powder, curry leaves, soy sauce, chilli garlic sauce, tomato ketup, water, fried paneer, peppers, onions and cook for 2 mins.Remove from the heat. Serve hot with rotis, phulkas, Chapathis. Enjoy!!!