Sambar is a popular south indian side dish, no south indian meal is said to be complete without this Sambar.
It can be served with dosa, idli, chapathi, sorghum roti. So enjoy this easy to prepare dish!!!
- Toor dal (kandi pappu) – 1/2 cup
- Tomato – 1
- Radish (chopped) – 1 cup
- Carrot (chopped) – 1 cup
- Cauliflower (chopped) – 1 cup
- Tamarind concentrate – 1/2 Tbsp
- Jaggery – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp or to taste
- MTR Sambar masala powder – 3 tsp or to taste
- Coriander Leaves (chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafetida (Hing) – small pinch
- Curry Leaves- 1 sprig
- Dry Red Chilli Whole (broken) – 2 no
Step 1 : Pressure cook the dal and tomatoes till everything is super soft.
Step 2 : Boil the vegetables on another pan till they are 80% cooked.
Step 3 : Mash the cooked dal and tomato, add cooked vegetables, sambar powder, red chilli powder, salt, jaggery, tamarind concentrate.
Step 1 : Heat the oil in a small pan, when the oil is hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilli whole, turmeric powder, hing, curry leaves.
Step 2 : Pour this seasoning into the boiling dal, and garnish the sambar with Cilantro.
Step 3 Serve hot with hot rice, idli, vada pongal, dosa, uthappam, chapathi, roti.