Serves – 2
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Thick pressed Rice (Poha) – 2 Cups
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Red Chilli Whole – 3 no
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Green chillies(finely chopped) – 6 no or to taste
- Chanadal – 1/2 Tbsp
- Onion (chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Tomato (cubes) – 1 big
- Salt – to taste
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 3 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp or to taste
- Wash poha under cold water in a colander or a sieve to remove the starch and dirt particles from them.
- Once poha is washed well, transfer to a wide container and set it aside.
- Heat a wide non stick pan, add in oil, add mustard seeds to the hot oil and allow them to pop.
- Add in cumin seeds, red chilli, hing, green chillies, chanadal,curry leaves and cook for 30 secs stirring continuously until chanadal dal turns golden.
- Add in onion and cover to cook till soft but do not burn them even a bit.
- Add in tomato and immediately add in poha, salt and cook on low heat for 5 mins.
- Add cilantro and lemon juice, give it a final mix and turn off the heat. Serve hot.