Kesar Badam Burfi is a melt in mouth kind of a dessert filled with the creaminess of the almonds and flavorful saffron. The fudge topped with saffron and nuts does add a little crunch and a sweet aroma to this dessert. This is perfect sweet to prepare at any festive occasions.
Makes – 10 no 2 – inch pieces
Preparation time – 25mins
Soaking time – 1 hr
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Almonds – 1 Cup (Soaked in hot water for 1 hr)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 tin
- Milk – 1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp to blend the almonds
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1/4 Cup or reduce if desired
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp or more if needed
- Saffron – 1/2 tsp (save 1/4 tsp for garnish)
- Cardamom Powder – 1/8 tsp (freshly ground)
- Almonds – 1/2 Tbsp (Slivered)
- Pistachios – 1/2 Tbsp (Chopped)
- Peel the skin from the almonds and get them ready.
- Soak saffron in 2 Tbsp of warm milk.
- Grease the tray with ghee in which you want to set the burfi and set aside.
- Blend almonds to a coarse paste with milk.
- Heat the pan and immediately add in the blended almond paste.
- Cook the almond paste stirring continuously for 2 mins
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, saffron milk.
- Cook this mixture on medium heat stirring continuously till a dough like mixture is formed (takes about 10 mins)
- Add in ghee and incorporate with the mixture and cook further for 2 mins.
- Transfer onto the greased plate and smoothen the surface.
- Cut into desired shape once the mixture is cooled down completely.