Diamond Cuts are spicy and simple to make snack recipe. They go well along with the evening time tea or coffee.
- All Purpose Flour – 1 Cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/2 Cup
- White Sesame Seeds – 2 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – to taste
- Ginger – 1 inch pieces
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – to taste
- Hot oil – 2 Tbsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Oil – for deep frying
- Blend green chillies, curry leaves, ginger, salt to a fine paste and set aside.
- Into a mixing bowl add in All Purpose Flour, wheat flour, sesame seeds, prepared paste, hot oil asafoetida and mix well till everything is well incorporated.
- Add in water to the dry ingredients and make a stiff but smooth dough. Coat it with some oil and cover to rest for 5 mins.
- Heat the oil for deep frying and divide the dough into two round balls.
- Roll them into thin round roti and make cuts vertically with 1 inch spaces. Then make cuts it diagonally at 45 degree angle all over the roti.
- Remove the diamonds and keep them ready for the deep fry.
- Fry the cuts till they are golden.
- Remove from oil and continue with the remaining batches.
- Once all of them are done, allow them to cool completely and store in a air tight container.
- They stay fresh for at least 2 weeks.