For the Batter :
- Cauliflower (cut in florets) – 1 medium sized
- Corn Starch – 1/4 Cup
- Rice Flour – 1/4 Cup
- All Purpose Flour( Maida) – 2 Tbsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli POwder – to taste
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Sweet Sour Sauce – 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato Sauce – 2 tsp
- Water – as required to make make a pancake consistancy batter
- Sesame Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 /2 tsp (optional)
- Green chillies (finely chopped) – to taste
- Ginger (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
- Galic (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
- Onion (Sliced) – 1/2 cup
- Sweet and Sour Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Tomato Sauce – 1/3 cup
- Soy Sauce – 2 Tbsp
- White Distilled Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- CIlantro(finely chopped) – 2 Tbsp (Optional)
- Green Onion (finely chopped) – 2 Tbsp
- Mix all the ingredients under the batter section and make a pancake consistancy batter adding little water at a time.
- Make sure your batter is smooth without any lumps.
- Add in the parboiled Cauliflower florets into the batter and deep fry till crispy and deep golden in color.
- While deep frying do in batches (I did in 4 batches). Do not over crowd the pan.
- After all the florets are ready. Set them aside on paper towel.
For the sauce:
- Heat oil till smoky hot, immediately add cumin seeds and green chillies. Saute for 5 secs and do keep stirring trough out the process.
- Add in onion and keep stirring around 30 secs.
- Add in ginger, garlic and fry for 10 secs.
- Add in all the sauces one by one, then add in vinegar and keep tossing the mixture.
- Finally add the floret, salt (if required) and toss with the sauce for 2 mins. Add cilantro and spring onions. Give it a final toss and serve immediately.