Serves – 4
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Skinless Pigeon Peas (washed, rinsed and cooked in 1/4 cup of water and cook till smooth) – 2 Tbsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- oil – 2tsp
- Mustrd Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli Whole – 3 no
- Tomato (cubed) – 1/2
- Curry Leaves – few
- Green Chilli – 1 no or to taste
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 1 small clove
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp or to taste
- Make the paste of green chilli, ginger, garlic and set it ready.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, when it is medium hot, add in mustard seeds and when they start popping add the cumin seeds, dry red chilli whole, hing, curry leaves, turmeric powder, blended paste and cook for 15 secs.
- Add in 2 cups of water, tomato, cooked dal, salt and boil for 7 mins.
- Turn off the heat and add in the lemon juice, cilantro. Serve hot with rice.