Serves – 2 – 3
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Okra/ Bhindi (trim the both ends and cut in 1 inch pieces) – 2 Cups
- Onion (Cubed) – 1/2 cup
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- TUrmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Toasted Sesame Seed Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Red Chilli powder – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Coriander Powder- 1/2 ts
- Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
- oil – 2 – 3 Tbsp
- Slit the Bhindi and set them aside.
- Mix in garam masala powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, dry mango powder, toasted sesame seed powder in a seperate bowl. Keep it ready.
- Stuff the Okra with the prepared spice powder.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add in turmeric powder, onion and fry for a min.
- Add in the stuffed bhindi to the pan and mix gently. Cover and cook them till they are cooked all the way through. Keep mixing Okra gently once in while to cook them evenly.
- Finish this off with 1/4 tsp of left over masala. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds. Serve with roti or any Indian bread. Stuffed Bhindi also goes well with hot steamed rice.