Pav Bhaji is one a popular Mumbai’s street food and now has become popular all across the country. The spicy vegetable curry is served with a soft butter toasted dinner rolls called Pav. This tasted best when served hot.
Preparation time – 15 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
Serves – 4
- Potato (boiled, peeled, grated) – 1 Cup
- Red Peppers (chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Orange peppers (chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Carrot (chopped, boiled) – 1/4 up
- Cauliflower (florets, boiled) – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Green chillies (finely chopped) – tot aste
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – to taste
- Tomato Sauce – 2 Tbsp
- Pav Bhaji masala Powder – 1 Tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – to taste
- Ginger paste – 1 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 1/2 tsp
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 Cup
- Tomato (finely chopped) – 1 1/2 cups
- Cilantro – 2 Tbsp
- Add butter to the tawa (non stick pan), add in onion and cook till soft.
- Add in ginger and garlic pastes and cook for a min. Add in red and orange peppers and cook for 2 – 3 mins.
- Add in tomatoes. pav bhaji masala, kashmiri red chlli powder, tomato sauce, mashed potato, cooked vegetables, add enough water and keep cooking for 5 mins.
- Add in salt, sugar, garam masala powder ad cilantro and finish off the dish with the butter roasted pav bread. Serve it hot. Enjoy!!!