Coconut cooked with flavored milk and nuts results in a fabulous dessert, Coconut Burfi! This is a perfect recipe for any festival or any occasion or party.
Serves – 5
Makes – 9 (1 inch squares)
preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
Wait Time – 1 to 2 hrs
- Fresh Shredded Coconut – 1 Cup
- Cashews (chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Almonds (Sliced) – 1 Tbsp
- Pistachios (Chopped) – 1/2 Tbsp
- Clarified Butter/ Ghee – 1/2 Tbsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Saffron – few strands
- Heat a medium size non stick pan, add in ghee and toast the cashews, almonds and pistachios for 30 secs.
- Add in your coconut and fry for 2 mins on low to medium to infuse the flavors from the ghee.
- Add in the milk and cook on mediun high for 5 mins. Keep stirring to avoid overboiling. Meanwhile heat up the saffron strands into your microwave for 30 secs. Soak them in 1 Tbsp of milk. Set it aside. Grease a platter with few drops of ghee and get that ready.
- When all the milk is evaporated add in your sugar and cook till the coconut leaves the sides of the pan (approx 5 mins)
- Flavor with the cardamom powder and transfer the coconut mixture to the greased platter and shape in a suare. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr.
- After an hour cut them into 1 1/2 inch squares.Dab the top of the mixture with the saffron milk. Enjoy!!!