Strawberry Sauce is a great topping on any desserts like cheesecake, ice creams. The natural bright red color of the strawberries adds a splash of color to your desserts and also make it super tasty. I made Eggless Strawberry Cupcakes using the Strawberry Sauce. YUM!!!
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 6 mins
- Strawberries (washed, hulled) – 2 Cups
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp or to taste
- Cornstarch – 2 tsp (mixed with 2 Tbsp of water without lumps)
- Blend the strawberries, sugar to a puree and add into a medium sauce pan.
- Cook the strawberry mixture down to reduce just for 5 mins
- Add in the corn starch water into the strawberry mixture and further cook for 1 min.
- Remove from pan and keep it refrigerated until ready to use.
- If using for the eggless strawberry cake recipe allow it to cool completely on the counter and use it at the room temperature.
- The Strawberry Sauce thickens further slightly when it cools down. It turns bright red once it cools completely.