I’m very happy to bring you this eggless Strawberry Cupcake recipe. As most of the people in India are stict vegetarians, even they can enjoy these cupcakes. If I don’t mention that these are Eggless, nobody can guess that these are made without Eggs. The texture of these cupcakes is just amazing. The strawberry sauce and the whipped cream topping take these cupcakes to the next level. Follow all the instructions carefully and make them to enjoy with your family!
For Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberries (washed, hulled) – 2 Cups
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp or to taste
- Cornstarch – 2 tsp (mixed with 2 Tbsp of water without lumps)
- Blend the strawberries, sugar to a puree and add into a medium sauce pan.
- Cook the strawberry mixture down to reduce just for 5 mins
- Add in the corn starch water into the strawberry mixture and further cook for 1 min.
- Remove from pan
- Allow it to cool completely on the counter and use it at the room temperature.
- The Strawberry Sauce thickens further slightly when it cools down. It turns bright red once it cools completely.
For Cupcake Batter:
- All Purpose Flour (maida) – 1 1/4 Cup
- White Corn Flour – 1/4 Cup
- Baking Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Butter (room temperature) – 1/2 Cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 Can (200gms)
- Milk (room temperature) – 3/4 Cup
- Strawberry Sauce – prepared earlier at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree Farenhiet. Line your cupcake tin with the cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, sift all purpose flour, cornflour, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Set aside.
- In another big bowl add butter cream it with the hand blender or a whisk until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the sweetened condensed milk and beat for another min.
- Add the strawberry sauce and beat it again. Add the vanilla extract and keep beating.
- Keep adding 1/3 portion of flour and 1/2 of the milk to the condensed milk and sauce mixture until all the flour and milk are completely done. Strat with the addition of flour and end with the flour.
- Do not over mix the batter. Beat it just until combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners with the batter 2/3 rd way.
- Bake them at 340 F for 15 mins or until toothpick inserted at the center of the cupcake comes out clean without any wet batter on it.
- Transfer them onto the cooling rack and let them cool completely.
For Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting
- Heavy Whipping Cream (Cold) – 1 Cup
- Sugar – 1/3 Cup (use powdered if you don’t have fine sugar)
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Strawberry (hulled) – 4 big strawberries.
- Blend strawberries to a puree.
- In another bowl beat cream until slightly thick, keep adding the sugar to the cream and keep beating until stiff peaks are formed. Do not over beat the cream.
- Finally add the strawberry Puree to the thick cream and mix it until combined.
- Pipe the frosting on the cupcakes which are at the room temterature. Enjoy!!!