Unlike the regular dosa, Neer Dosa doesn’t need much soaking time, cooking time and fermentation time. So, you can have it whenever you are in a mood for it. The texture is smooth and very soft, they melt in your mouth. Even kids enjoy this Neer Dosa. Serve it with Chutney/ Sambar or Chutney Powder of your choice.
Serves 2 to 3
Preparation time – 5 mins
Soaking time – 1 hr
Cooking time – 1 min for each dosa.
- Short Grain Rice(wash, soak in fresh water for 1 hr) – 1 Cup
- Coconut Milk/ shredded Coconut – 1/2 Cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – few drops for each dosa
- Water – 1 1/2 Cups to make the batter thin.
- Drain the water in which the rice has been soaking. Add the soaked rice to the blender with half of the coconut milk and grind to a paste for 2 mins.
- Then add in remaining coconut milk, salt and grind to a fine and smooth paste.
- Take the batter into a bowl and dilute with 1 1/2 cups of water. Check for the salt and add if needed. Mix well and the batter is ready.
- Heat the non stick pan, add few drops of oil and smear it well with a paper towel to take off the excess.
- Pour in couple of ladlefuls of batter onto the pan and cover to cook for 30 – 50 secs on medium heat until the top surface dries out.
- Add few drops of oil on other side. If needed flip the dosa and cook on the other side for 10 secs.
- Fold the dosa at the center and fold again to shape them in semicircles.
- Do the same thing with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with chutney/ Sambar or Chutney Powder.