Nothing would be better than having an ice Cream on a hot summer day. Here is the basic evergreen Vanilla Ice Cream recipe that we all love. It is incredibly smooth and just melts in mouth and light on your tummy.
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
Waiting time – 2 hrs min
- Heavy Cream – 1 1/2 Cups
- Whole Milk – 1 1/2 Cups
- Corn Starch – 2 Tbsp
- Sugar – 5 Tbsp
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 2 tsp
- Make a smooth paste by mixing 2 Tbsp of Milk with the Corn Starch. Keep it aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, add bring the milk to boil on medium heat. Then slowly add in the corn starch and milk paste stirring all the time.
- Keep stirring and add heavy cream and cook it further for 3 more mins stirring all the time.
- Pass the cooked cream and milk mixture through the sieve to remove any lumps. Discard all the lumps.
- Add in Vanilla Extract. Allow the remaining smooth cream and milk mixture to come to room temperature. Cover the mixture with cling wrap such that it touches the surface of the cream mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hr atleast or overnight would be even better.
- Then remove the bowl from the refrigerator, transfer into the ice cream bowl. Place the churner and turn it ON.
- Your Ice Cream will be done in 20 – 25 mins. Serve it immediately to enjoy soft serve Ice Cream.
- If not put in air tight container and freeze until ready to use. 5 mins before serving get the container out from the freezer to make the scoopable.
- Serve it as it is or with any sauce or fruits of your choice. Enjoy!