Marinated Paneer is pan fried and simmered in a creamy tomato gravy. YUMMM!!!
Serves – 3
Preparation time – 10 mins
Waiting time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 40 mins
- Paneer (Cubed) – 1 1/2 Cups
- Bell Pepper (Cubed) – 1/2 Cup
- Hung Yogurt – 1/4 Cup
- Onion (Cubed) – 1/4 Cup
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger Garlic(Minced) – 1/2 Tbsp
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves (crushed) – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 3 no
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Onion (finely Chopped) – 1 big
- Tomato Puree – 1/2 Cup (from two big tomatoes)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heavy Cream – 1/2 Cup
- In a mixing bowl combine hung yogurt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, lemon juice, oil, fenugreek leaves.
- Divide the marinade in two equal portions and marinade the paneer chunks with one of the portions and the onion and peppers with the remaining marinade in another bowl separately.
- Cover and refrigerate both of them in refrigerator for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile Prepare the tomato sauce.
For the Tomato Gravy:
- Heat oil in a medium sized wide pan, season with cinnamon stick, cloves and saute for 10 secs until fragrant.
- Add in onion and fry till they turn soft.
- Add Ginger Garlic paste and fry for 2 mins till all the raw smell is gone.
- Add in the masalas (red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder) fry for just 30 secs. Take care not to burn any of the ingredients.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till the oil slightly oozes out at the sides of the pan (approx 5 – 7 mins on medium heat)
- Dilute it with 1/2 Cup – 3/4 Cup of water and let the sauce simmer on LOW until we are ready with the fried paneer and vegetables.
- Meanwhile lets fry up the vegetables in a separate skillet with 2 tsp of oil. Fry the marinated vegetables on high heat for a while and gradually reduce the flame to medium and keep stirring them and cook till they have the smoky flavor and are partially cooked. They should be still a bit crunchy.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, pull them out from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same skillet now start frying the marinated paneer. Fry the paneer till it turns deep golden color from all the sides.
- Once done, take them off the pan and mix the fried vegetables and paneer with the simmering tomato sauce.
- Add in cream, salt and bring the sauce to another boil. Check for salt and once you are satisfied with the consistancy turn OFF the heat.
- Serve Paneer TIkka Masala with Roti or Naan or rice. Enjoy!!!