Ravva Dosa is a crispy crepe which is filled with fresh flavors from the simple spices like cumin and coriander leaves. Stuff the Ravva Dosa with yummy potato filling and make it extra flavorful!
Serves – 3
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Coarse Sooji Semolina ( Ravva) – 1 Cup
- Yogurt (Dahi/ perugu) – 1/2 Cup
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1.2 Cup
- Rice Flour – 1/2 Cup
- All Purpose Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Cilantro/ Hara Dhania (finely chopped) – 2 Tbsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Green Chillies/ Hari Mirch (finely chopped) – 2/3 or to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1/2 tsp
For Potato Masala:
- Potato/ Aloo (peeled/ boiled, mashed) – 2 medium size
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds (Rai) – 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies/ hari Mirch (finely chopped) – 2 no or to taste
- Curry Leaves (Kari pattha) – few leaves (5 leaves)
- Salt (namak ) – to taste
- Onion/ pyaaz)(finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder(Haldi) – 1/4 tsp
- Cilantro/ Hara Dhaniya (finely chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Mint/ Pudina (finely chopped) – 10 leaves or 1/4 cup loosely packed
- Lemon Juice/ Nimbu Ras) – to taste
For Dosa Batter:
- In a mixing bowl, add Semolina, rice flour, all Purpose Flour, yogurt, salt, green chillies, cilantro, cumin seeds.
- Add 1 cup of water to the mixing bowl and mix with the remaining ingredients to get a lump free batter.
- Dilute the batter further with 3 1/2 cups of water to get the batter to right consistancy.
- Set the batter aside, work with the stuffing.
For the Potato Masala:
- Heat a medium pan, add oil.
- Add mustard seeds to the medium hot oil and allow to pop.
- Add onion, curry leaves, green chillies, cook till onion turn soft. (if needed sprinkle some salt for fast cooking)
- Add turmeric powder, slightly mashed potato, pudina, cilantro, lemon juice, salt to taste.
- Mix well and cover to cook for 2 mins on low heat.
- Set the masala aside after turning off the heat.
For the dosa:
- Heat a non stick dosa griddle on medium high, add 2 tsp pf onion. Mix the batter well.
- Add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of batter to the pan and fill in gaps if it has any. Tiny holes should be seen on the dosa.
- Cook for 2 mins.
- Add 1 tsp oil all over the dosa, cook for 2 more mins or until the bottom side turns golden brown.
- Place the prepared potato masala at the center of the dosa.
- Close the ends to shape into a triangle. Take it off the pan
- Serve with chutney and/ or samrbar immediately.