Aloo Gobi is a classic Punjabi vegetable preparation. Potato and Cauliflower being the vegetables that are available through out the year, one can make it anytime. Serve with roti or chapathi.
Serves – 2
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Cauliflower (cuts in florets) – 1 1/2 Cups
- Potato (Cut in medium size chunks) – 1 medium
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cloves – 3 no
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Asafoetida (hing) – pinch
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves (kasoori methi) – 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Green Chilli Paste – 1 1/2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp or to taste
- Heat a medium frying pan.
- Add oil, ghee and heat it till medium hot.
- Season with cumin seeds and allow to sizzle.
- Add onion, turmeric powder, cook for a min.
- Add ginger garlic green chilli paste and cook for 30 secs.
- Add Potato, cauliflower, lightly add salt and cover to cook till just tender mixing after every three mins.
- Meanwhile grind cinnamon, cloves and keep the powder covered.
- When vegetables are tender, add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and ground masala powder.
- Mix well. Add dried fenugreek leaves, salt, cilantro, lemon juice.
- Cook for 2 mins on low heat.
- Serve hot with phulkas, chapathis or rice. Enjoy!