Parathas are Indian Flat breads made plain or stuffed with various vegetables.I experimented with Avacados and they out to be incredibly tasty. Avacados are rich in Vitamins and minerals and have healthy fat. Serve these with pickle or/ and plain yogurt.
Serves – 2 to 3
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
Resting time – 10 to 15 mins
- Hass Avacado (scoop the pulp and mash) – 1 no
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 1/2 Cups + 1 Tbsp for dusting while rolling
- Lemon Juice – to taste
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic (minced) – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli Paste – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Water – 1/2 Cup + 3 Tbsp approx or as required
- In a mixing bowl add whole wheat flour, 2 tsp oil, salt, green chilli paste, roasted cumin powder, garlic, avacado pulp, lemon juice.
- Mix well and add water if needed to make a soft and pliable dough.
- Coat the dough with few drops of oil and cover to rest for 10 to 15 mins.
- Divide the dough into 10 dumplings. Roll each dumplings into 5 inch round parathas using 1/2 tsp of dry flour for dusting.
- Fry the paratha on both the sides greasing them with few drops of oil both the sides and till it is roasted from both the sides.
- Follow the same steps for remaining dumplings.
- Serve hot with any side dish of your choice or yogurt and/ or pickle.