Shakkarpare are lightly sweet and crispy snacks which are made during festival time. They are simple and easy to make and taste delicious.
Makes – 2 1/2 Cups of Shakkarpare
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- All Purpose Flour – 1 1/2 Cups
- Sugar – 1/4 Cup
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 2 Tbsp
- Water – 1/4 Cup
- Salt – pinch
- Oil – for deep frying
- Heat a pan on medium.
- Add in salt, sugar, water, ghee and mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Turn OFF the heat.
- Transfer to another container for faster cooling.
- Add the sugar water to the all purpose flour to make a stiff dough. If needed add more water to get a stiff but soft dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for 15 mins.
- Divide the dough into 2 dumplings.
- Roll one dumpling into a 8 inch round.
- Cut off the roti into square by removing the cracks on four sides and use the removed dough while rolling the other dumpling.
- Cut the roti into 1 inch squares.
- Separate them.
- Heat oil for deep frying on medium.
- Add the squares and fry till they are golden from all sides.
- Remove them from oil and transfer to paper towel.
- Carry on the same with the other dumpling until you run out of the dough.
- Allow to cool completely. Transfer to air tight container. Enjoy!