Allam Pachadi is a spicy accompaniment usually served with Pesarattu which is Andhra’s popular breakfast recipe. Ginger Chutney is made with ginger, dry red chillies, curry leaves, tamarind. One can enjoy this chutney with hot steamed rice or curd rice.
Serves – 4
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Tamarind Juice – extracted from big lime size ball.
- Jaggery – 1 1/2 Tbsp or to taste
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Dry Red Chillis – 12 no or to taste
- Asafoetida (hing) – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger (Chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Urid Dal – 1 Tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 2 Sprigs
- Heat oil in medium pan. Add methi seeds, mustard seeds and allow them to pop completely.
- Add Cumin Seeds, dry red chillies and fry till chillies become slightly dark.
- Add turmeric powder, urid dal, ginger and fry for 15 secs.
- Add Asafoetida, curry leaves and fry for 5 secs.
- Remove the fried ingredients from the pan and cool completely.
- In a blender add the tamarind pulp, jaggery,salt, fried ingredients and blend till smooth. (use water if required)
- Serve with Pesarattu or any south Indian breakfast or plain steamed rice.