Do you love tangy, spicy and aromatic yet easy to make One Pot Recipes??? Then try out this Gongura Pulihora instead of regular rice dishes you will LOVE it to the core!
Serves – 2 adults
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 25 mins
- Raw Basmathi Rice (wash, drain, soak for 30 mins in fresh water , cook using 1 1/2 Cup of water ) – 1 Cup
- Sorrel Leaves (stalks removed, washed, dry) – 1 Cup tightly packed
- Dry Red Chillies – 3 no
- Green Chillies – 5 or to taste
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urid Dal – 2tsp
- Chanadal – 2 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) – generous pinch
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Dry Roasted Fenugreek Seeds – 15 no
- In a pan add 1/2 cup of water and sorrel leaves. Cook for 8 mins or until sorrel leaves are wilted and soft.
- Blend to a smooth paste. Crush fenugreek seeds to fine powder and set aside.
- In another pan heat oil, season with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chanadal, urid dal, asafoetida, powdered methi, dry red chillies, green chillies, turmeric powder, curry leaves.
- Fry for 30 secs. Add blended gongura puree and cook for 2 mins. Add salt.
- Add seasoned gongura paste with the cooked rice and gently mix well until blended.
- Serve immediately or enjoy it after 30 mins resting time for best tasting Pulihora.
- Enjoy with papad.