Bread Bondas are crispy dumplings stuffed with a very tasty simple to make potato masala.
Serves – 4
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Sandwich Bread Slices – 10 no
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Onion (chopped) – half cup
- Potato (peel, boil, mash) – 1 medium
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) – 1/8 tsp
- Green Chillies (finely chopped) – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon Juice – 1 squeeze or to taste
- Oil – deep fry
- Heat oil in a skillet and when it is medium hot season with mustard seeds and allow to pop.
- Add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, asafoetida, green chillies, onion. Add pinch of salt and cook till onion become tender.
- Add mashed Potato, salt, garam masala powder, cilantro. Mix well and turn off the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Allow the stuffing to cool down completely. Get ready with the bread slices by trimming all the edges.
- Divide the masala into ten equal round dumplings.
Shaping the dumplings:
- Dip each slice partially into water and squeeze out the excess water.
- Place the stuffing in the center and seal all the edges to seal it properly.
- Follow the same process to stuff the remaining slices and rest them on paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Heat oil for deep fry and carefully drop in the bondas and fry till golden brown evenly.
- Serve immediately.