Kadhai paneer is a special vegetarian recipe filled with crunchy vegetables covered with spicy chatpata tomato sauce and creamy paneer. It goes well with any soft Flat Indian Bread.
Serves – 2 to 3
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
For Tomato Puree:
- Tomatoes (blanched, peeled) – 3 no
- Kashmiri Chillies (blanched, discard seeds) – 3 or to taste
For Masala Powder:
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Peppercorns – 10 or to taste
- Kashmiri Chillies – 5 or to taste
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Onion (cubes) – 1/2 medium
- Tomato (deseeded) – 1 no
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Capcicum/ Bell Peppers (chunks) – 1/2 medium
- Paneer (Cubed) – 200 gms or 1 1/2 Cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp or to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Dry Fenugreek Leaf Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – pinch
- Fresh cream – 3 Tbsp
- Blend Tomatoes, blanched chillies to a smooth puree. Set aside.
- In a skillet heat 1 tsp of oil and dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dry red chillies, peppercorns till fragrant and slightly golden brown.
- Remove from pan. Cool the spices completely and grind to a coarse powder. Set it aside.
- In the same pan add 1 tsp of oil and fry the paneer for 2 mins or until slightly firm. Set the fried paneer aside.
- For preparing the gravy, add remaining oil and heat till warm. Add ginger and Garlic Paste and fry till aromatic and raw smell disappears.
- Add the coarsely ground powder, turmeric powder followed by onion, tomatoes, peppers, garam masala powder. Toss the vegetables for just 2 mins
- Add in the tomato puree. Mix well with vegetables.
- Add in salt, sugar, fenugreek leaves, fried paneer. Mix well and cook for 2 more mins. Top it off with cream and turn off the heat.
- Serve with Indian Flat bread of your choice.