Paneer Tikka is an exotic appetizer where marinated paneer is skewered and baked in Tandoor oven. Just to keep it simple and easy this Paneer Tikka is baked in the regular oven. if you don’t have oven simply grill it on the tawa with some oil.
Preparation time – 10 mins
Resting time – 30 mins
Baking time – 10 mins or until edges char at 550F
- Roasted Gram Powder – 2 Tbsp
- Yogurt (Curd) – 1/4 Cup
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi) – 1/2 tsp crushed
- Tomato ketchup – 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – pinch
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp or to taste
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger and Garlic Paste – 1/2 Tbsp
- Paneer (medium chunks) – 250 gms
- Bell Pepper (cubes) – 1/4 Cup
- Onion (cubes) – 1/4 Cup
- Tomatoes (deseeded cubes) – 1/4 Cup
- Soak the wooden skewers in water overnight or atleast 2 hrs.
- In a mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients except vegetables and peppers. Mix well. Now the marinade is ready.
- Add in vegetables, and paneer. Mix gently and rub the marinade to the vegetables and paneer.
- Cover and rest the mixture for 30 mins atleast overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 550 F and meanwhile skewer the paneer, onion, tomato, bell pepper into the skewers or toothpick.
- Line a baking tin with aluminium foil and arrange the skewers on top so that all the sides are exposed to the heat.
- Bake for 10 mins at 550 F or until the edges turn lightly burnt. Rotate them half way through the baking process.
- Serve with green chutney or ketchup.
- Use firm tofu for a vegan version instead of paneer.
- Use Pineapple, grapes or any fruit of your choice to give the paneer tikka a twist.
- Play with the spice blend for the marinade to suit your tastebuds and experience different flavors.
- Fry on tawa if oven is not available.
- Paneer should be firm otherwise one can’t skew them properly as they may break.
- Use the leftover paneer tikkas and make paneer tikka masala gravy for your next meal.