Crunchy and flavorful Potato curry is everybody’s favorite. I LOVE this fry with steamed rice and any dal recipe.
Serves – 3
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Potatoes (Peel, wash, drain, pat dry) – 2 medium
- Dry Coconut – 1/4 Cup
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
- Garlic – 1 big clove
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1.4 tsp
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan.
- To the medium hot oil add curry leaves and fry till crisp and dry.
- Take the curry leaves from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same oil add potatoes and shallow fry till crisp and golden from all the sides.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and drain any extra oil.
- Toss the fried potatoes again into the pan and keep it on low heat.
- In a blender, add fried curry leaves, salt, coconut, garam masala powder, cumin powder and blend till combined and oil slightly oozes from the coconut.
- Add this blended masala to the fried potato and mix them well till combined.
- Served hot with steamed rice with any tadka dal or tomato dal or Sambar.
- Put the potato pieces into cold water so that they don’t discolor and also removes extra starch.
- Potato pieces when put in water for 10 – 15 mins and then fried yields a crunchy potato fry.
- Keep mixing the potato pieces while frying for even browning.
- Play around with the spices of your choice and make different variations to the spice blend.