Palak Pakoda are delicious Indian snack where lots of spinach is batter fried until crispy and crunchy. Lots of flavors like ginger and garlic paste, carom seeds and many more that go into the batter make it a super yummy snack recipe. Jazz up your evening with these crunchy and easy to make fritters.
Serves – 6
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Spinach(finely Chopped) – 3 Cup
- Chickpea flour (Besan) – 1 Cup
- Rice Flour – 1/2 Cup
- Curry Leaves – 1 Sprig
- Cilantro (chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Carom Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger and Garlic Paste – 1/2 Tbsp
- Green Chilli paste – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for deep frying
For making the batter:
- In a mixing bowl add chickpea flour, rice flour, salt, spinach, cilantro, ginger and garlic paste, carom seeds, garam masala powder, green chilli paste.
- Mix all these ingredients well until combined.
- Add 1/4 Cup of water into the flour mix and make a stiff dough. It shouldn’t be a runny batter.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and shape the batter into small 1/2 inch balls and drop into medium hot oil.
- Deep fry them until golden color and crispy.
- Remove them from the oil once they are fried properly. Drain all the oil and rest them on the paper towel to soak in the extra oil
- Leave them at the room temperature for a while to cool completely.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, 4 until all the batter is fried. Enjoy them as they are or with a cup of chai!
- Use any other greens of your choice instead of spinach for a variation.
- Play with the spices and come up with different versions of these pakoras.
- Take care while frying these pakoras as each batch takes about 10 mins to get fried. Dont be in a hurry while frying.