I couldn’t believe this is my first cookie recipe to share with you all. On this note, this Nankhatai recipe is very special. Nan Khatai is an eggless Indian Cookie flavored with cardamom, nutmeg, ginger. They are buttery and crisp and tender.
Follow the simple to make instructions and enjoy this nan Khatais with your evening tea or as they are.
Makes- 18 Nan Khatais
Preparation time – 10 mins
Baking time – 20 mins
- All Purpose Flour – 1 1/2 Cups
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg (freshly grrated) – 2 pinches or 1/8 tsp
- Unsalted Butter (room temperature) – 3/4 Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 3/4 Cup
- Pistachios – 2 Tbsp
- Line 10×10 baking sheet and 20×10 baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl add All purpose flour, salt, baking powder, ginger powder, cardamom powder, nutmeg.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl cream butter until smooth.
- Keep adding powdered sugar gradually and keep mixing with the butter until creamy and all the sugar is mixed in with the butter.
- Keep adding flour gradually into butter and sugar mix and keep mixing until just combined. Do not knead it like a dough.
- Shape the dough into 18 rounds and press in a pistachio at the center. You can use any other nuts of your choice.
- Place Nan khatais onto the lined baking trays and bake for 15 – 20 mins or until the bottoms are golden.
- Once done take them off from the oven and let them sit in the baking tray for 5 mins atleast and transfer them onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- They keep fresh when stored in air tight container upto a month.