Chegodilu is a traditional south Indian snack recipe. This is made with rice flour and few other spices. Chegodilu have a cute ring shape which makes them popular among kids specially.
Makes – 4 Cups of Chegodilu
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 30 mins
- Rice Flour – 1 Cup
- Water – 1 CUp
- Moong Dal (wash, soak in 1/4 Cup of water for 1 hr) – 1 Tbsp
- White Sesame Seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying + 1 tsp for making dough
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Asafoetida (hing) – generous pinch
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Into a pan add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the falme.
- Add oil,moong dal,cumin seeds,asafoetida, sesame seeds, red chilli powder, salt.
- Add the rice flour gardually and mix well into the water. Make sure to break all the lumps.
- Take it off the pan and cover the pan with a lid.
- Rest until cool completely.
- Smoothen the dough ball.
- Take a small portion of the dough. Shape into 3 inch long and 1/4 inch thick cylinder.
- Join the both ends and make a circle (ring).
- Make a batch of rings similarly. Keep the remaining dough covered.
- Heat the oil for deep frying.
- Drop these rings one by one carefully into the oil.
- Fry them until they are golden and crispy.
- Follow step 8 to step 13 until all the dough is finished.