Sweet Potatoes are nutrient packed and have a different flavor and texture when compared with the White Potatoes. Sweet Potato Patties have a perfect balance of sweetness and sourness to make them suitable to our family’s taste buds. Even Sweet Potato Haters love these Patties.
Watch the recipe here:
Serves – 3 to 4
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Sweet Potato (wash, pressure cook, peel and mash) – 3 no
- Pomegranate seed Powder (Anardana Powder) – 1/2 tsp
- Rice Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchoor) – 1 tsp
- Black Peppercorns (Crushed) – to taste
- Green Chillies (chopped) – to taste
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasoori Methi) – 1/2 tsp
- Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – for shallow frying
- Green Chutney – to taste
- Sweet and Sour Chutney – to taste
- Onion Rings – to taste
- Hung Yogurt – 1/4 Cup
- Mash the boiled sweet potato and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl add all the spices anardana powder, chaat masala, amchoor powder, crushed peppercorns, fenugreek leaves, black salt, salt, cilantro, green chillies, rice flour.
- Mix the sweet potato mash with spices.
- Grease your palms with few drops of oil and shape into patties of desired size and thickness.
- Shallow fry them till they turn golden on both the sides using some oil.
- Remove from flame and top them with onion rings, green chutney, sweet and sour chutney and hung yogurt.
- Serve immediately.