Looking for a healthy and protein packed one pot meal? Here you have it! Sprouts and Paneer makes this pulao protein packed and the addition of rice makes it a complete meal. Serve it as it is or with any raitha.
Serves – 2 to 3
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 40 mins
- Basmathi Rice (wash, drain and soak in fresh water for half hr) – 1 Cup
- Sprouted Beans – 1 1/2 Cups
- Paneer (Cubed) – 1 Cup
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Green Cardamom – 2 no
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 3 no
- Curry Leaves – 1 Sprig (Optional)
- Shahi Jeera – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli (Slit) – to taste
- Onion (Sliced) – 1 no
- Ginger and Garlic Paste – 2 Tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Cilantro (Chopped) – 2 Tbsp
- Mint (Chopped) – Handful
- Yogurt/ Curd – 1/4 Cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp or to taste
- Salt – 1 tsp to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 1/2 Cup to cook the rice
- Get the rice ready by washing and soaking.
- In a pan heat butter and oil. Add in Cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and shahi jeera. Fry till fragrant.
- Add in green chillies, curry leaves, onions. Add salt, sugar and fry the onion till golden.
- Add Ginger and Garlic and fry till you feel nice aroma from the mixture.
- Add garam masala powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, yogurt, paneer, sprouts, 2 Tbsp of water and cover to cook till sprouts are just done (approx 5 mins)
- Add cilantro, water, salt. Cover bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Add the soaked basmathi rice and cook till just 80 percent done.
- Mix the rice and sprouts mixture gently and add mint leaves.Add lemon juice.
- Cover again to cook on low heat for 10- 15 mins or until the rice is perfectly done.
- Turn OFF the heat and rest the pulao covered for 15 mins to enjoy fluffy and flavorful sprouts and paneer pulao.
- Serve it hot with raita or as it is.