Healthy and easy to make Indian Date and Nut Laddoo. No body can feel that there’s no sugar in the laddoo. They are damn tasty and healthy too.
Makes – 10 medium laddoos
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 10 min.
- Seedless Dates (coarsely ground) – 2 Cups
- Almonds (Chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Pistachios (Chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Cashews (Chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Poppy Seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Edible Gum – 1 tsp
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) – 2 tsp
- Powdered Cardamom – 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg powder ( freshly grated) – 1/4 tsp
- Grind chopped dates into a coarse paste.
- In a pan add 2 tsp of ghee and fry edible gum till edible gum is puffy. Remove gum from pan and crush it into a fine powder.
- Into the residual ghee of the pan add poppy seeds and fry them till fragrant and roasted and remove to keep them aside.
- Add 2 tsp of ghee and add almonds, pistachios, cashews and fry for 2 mins or until they become fragrant.
- Add the ground date mixture into the roasted nuts and add in the poppy seeds, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder.
- Add the date and nut mixture to the edible gum and mix well until everything is properly combined. Then form into a dough ball.
- Grease your hands with few drops of ghee and shape the mixture into 1 1/2 inch diameter round balls.
- Store in any air tight container and refrigerate for later use.