Beautiful to look at and yummy tasting Trifle Pudding is everybody’s favorite. Trifle Pudding is a layered dessert with the multiple flavors and textures. Here I made a simple one layering some sponge cake, eggless custard, fruits and vegetarian jelly, whipped cream and dry fruits. It was DELICIOUS
Serves – 4
Preparation time – 30 mins
- Sponge Cake (Cubes) – 1 Cup
- Custard – 1 Cup
- Milk Jelly (Cubes) – 1 Cup
- Seedless Grapes – 1/4 Cup
- Strawberries (Sliced) – 1/4 Cup
- Blue Berries – 1/4 Cup
- Apple (chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Black Grapes – 1/4 Cup
- Pineapple (Chopped, add 1 Tbsp of sugar and let them stand for 15 mins) – 1/4 Cup
- Cashews (Chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Pistachios – 1 Tbsp
- Tutti Fruity – 2 Tbsp
- Candied Cherries – for garnish
- Ready Whip – for garnish
- Prepare the custard by following my recipe here: Fruit Custard
- Prepare Eggless Sponge cake using this recipe : Eggless Sponge Cake or use store bought vanilla cake.
For preparing the milk jelly :
- In a sauce pan, add in 250 ml of milk. Bring it to a boil.Add 1/2 tsp of milk jelly powder and 1/4 Cup of sugar. Boil for 5 mins and keep it stirring all the time to avoid lumps.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve and cool it to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hrs to set.
- Prep up the fruits.
- In a serving bowl, add sponge cake cubes, top it with some custard.
- Add all the fruits one by one.
- Add in tutti fruity, cashews, pistachios, milk jelly.
- Add more custard on top.
- Top it off with some whipped cream and candied cherries.
- Serve it immediately or refrigerate for an hour and serve.
- Prepare all the servings by repeating the steps 1 – 6 till you run out of the custard, fruits, jelly and the sponge cake.