Quick and Easy Recipe is this Mushroom Masala. Anybody can prepare it in a blink of an eye. Still tastes FANTASTIC with a very special garlic seasoning and herb seasoning. Mushroom + Garlic + Peppercorn is a match made in heaven. I love to have this curry with any Indian flat bread.
Serves – 2
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Mushrooms (sliced thick) – 250 gms
- Tomato Puree – 1/2 Cup
- Onion (finely Chopped) – 1 medium
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Green Chillies (Slit) – 4 no or to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 1 Sprig
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp or to taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Capsicum (Cubed) – 1 medium
- Cilantro (Chopped) – 2 Tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice – to taste
- Black Peppercorns (Crushed) – to taste
- Garlic Cloves (Chopped) – 3 big
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Curry leaves – 4 no
- In a pan heat the oil.
- Add Mustard Seeds and wait till they pop.
- Add Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaves, green chillies, turmeric powder, onions, ginger and garlic paste, salt.
- Allow to cook till onion and ginger garlic paste are nicely cooked and they are soft.
- Add in Cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, capsicum, mushrooms, tomato puree, salt.
- Cover and cook till mushrooms and peppers are soft and cooked.
- Keep the pan on low heat and let the curry simmer while preparing the special seasoning.
For Special Garlic and Herb Seasoning:
- In a separate pan, heat butter, add green chillies, garlic, pepper powder, cilantro, curry leaves, salt and fry till garlic is just tender. Do not brown the garlic.
- Add this tadka on top of the simmering curry and check for seasoning.
- Turn Off the heat and sprinkle some lemon juice and cilantro while serving.
- Serve it hot with rotis or any other Indian flat bread