Falooda is a perfect summer cooler equally popular throughout the country. It is refreshing and cooling because of the sabza seeds and rose syrup. Main components of a basic Falooda are sabja seeds, rose syrup or rooh ajza, chilled milk, falooda sev. There are many variations to this recipe one among them is to serve it with Khulfi which is Indian Ice cream instead of normal Ice cream.
For 2 Servings
Cooking time – 10 mins
Preparation time – 5 mins
- Rose Syrup – 3 Tbsp
- Milk – 2 Cups
- Basil Seeds – 1/2 Tbsp
- Cashews (Chopped) – 1/2 Tbsp
- Pistachios – 1/2 Tbsp
- Sugar – 1 Tbsp or to taste
- Falooda Sev – handful
- Ice Cream – 2 Scoops
- Into some warm water add in basil seeds and leave it for 5 mins or until they swell up and they will be ready to be used.
- Meanwhile heat 1 Cup of water and add in the falooda sev.
- Cook till falooda sev turns soft. Do not overcook them.
- Drain the falooda sev and pass through cold running water and set it aside.
- By this time the sabja seeds will be ready too. Drain the seeds to remove any excess water. Set it aside.
- Add sugar to the chilled milk and keep it ready.
Assemblying the Falooda:
- In a tall glass add 1 1/2 Tbsp or roase syrup, followed by cooked falooda sev, chilled milk, sabja seeds and a scoop of vanilla Ice Cream.
- Top it off with cashews and Pistachios.
- Serve it chilled immediately