Pina Colada is a creamy, refreshing spring or summer drink. Coconut cream, pineapple and ice cream are blended till smooth and served chilled. One can strain the drink to remove the fiber to make it silky smooth, but I kept the pulp for some texture and it tasted great.
Serves – 2
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 5 mins
- Pine apple (Chopped) – 1 Cup
- Tender Coconut – 1 no (with water and tender meat)
- Thick Coconut milk – 1 1/2 Cups
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp or to taste
- Ice Cubes – few
- Into the blender add in the ice cubes, pineapple chunks, tender coconut water, coconut milk, sugar.
- Blend it till smooth.
- Strain the juice to remove any fiber ( I didn’t do this).
- Transfer the juice into the serving glasses.
- Serve immediately.
- If you don’t have tender coconut on hand replace it with 1/2 Cup of coconut milk. So one should use 2 Cups of Coconut milk.
- I used fresh pineapple which is very sweet and soft and you can use the same if you have one or can replace it with canned pineapple.