Black tea leaves are brewed with creamy milk, flavorful whole spices to give this aromatic and soothing beverage, Chai. There are many variations of making tea, here is the simplest one flavored with ginger and cardamom.
Serves – 1 to 2
Preparation time – 2 mins
Cooking time – 7 mins
- Black Tea Leaves – 1 Tbsp
- Ginger (slightly crushed ) – small piece
- Cardamom (slightly crushed to open the pod) – 1 Tbsp
- Whole Milk – 1 Cup
- Water – 1/4 Cup
- Into a sauce pan (preferably spouted one) add in water, crushed ginger, cardamom and bring it to boil. (May be for 2 mins)
- Add in the milk, tea leaves, sugar and mix well.
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to LOW and cover the pan to boil it for 5 mins.
- Pass the milk through a fine mesh sieve and serve it hot immediately.
Points to note:
- One can add more/ less tea leaves and more/less sugar depending on their preference.
- Brew the tea mixture on LOW heat for five mins which helps in making a flavorfl tea.
- One can omit ginger and/or cardamom to make plain tea.
- Use other flavors like nutmeg, cinnamon for variation.