It’s summer time after all and the perfect season to enjoy something cold. Quick and yummy Kesar and Mango Creamsicle for the hot summer days Yippee!!!
Makes – 6 Popsicles
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 5 mins
Freezing time – 5 hrs or overnight
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Mango Pulp – 1/2 Cup
- Whole Milk (warm) – 1 Tbsp
- Heavy Whipping Cream – 1/2 Cup
- Saffron Strands – 10 no
- Add 1/2 Cup of whipping cream in a mixing bowl and beat till thick and stiff peaks using an electric hand mixer or a whisk.
- Add Mango Pulp, Sweetened condensed milk.
- Beat well until everything is combined.
- Add in the saffron milk to the mixture and mix well until combined. (refer below for making saffron flavored milk)
- Transfer the mixture into the popsicle molds and freeze them overnight.
- When ready to serve demold the popsicles, pass the popsicle mold through warm water and slowly pull it out.
- Serve immediately.
For making saffron milk:
- Warm the saffron in microwave or on stove top slightly for 30 secs.
- Crush it with palm and add the crushed saffron to warm milk.
- Rest for 2 mins.
- Saffron flavored milk will be ready.
Points to remember:
Pass the mango pulp through a sieve if it has tough fibers.
One can add a pinch of food color for bright yellow colored Creamsicles.
Use cardamom powder while making the mixture for a different flavored Creamsicles.
Use roasted chopped nuts to add some crunch to the creamsicle.