A sweet and tangy drink made with sweet cherries, fresh lemon juice, ginger and some crushed ice .This is surprisingly refreshing. Kids can also enjoy this Non Alcoholic drink.
Preparation time – 10 mins
Wait time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 5 mins
- Dark Sweet Cherries – 1 1/2 Cups
- Lemon – 1
- Sugar – 1/4 Cup
- Vanilla extract – few drops
- Honey – 1 Tbsp or to taste
- Carbonated Beverage/ Soda – 1 1/2 Cups
- Ice Cubes – few
- Ginger – small piece
For making Grenadine:
- Remove the stalks of the cherries and chop the cherries. Discard the seeds.
- Now add the cut cherries, sugar into a sauce pan, and add 3/4 Cup of water.
- Bring them to a boil. And boil for 3 mins or until the water picks up bringht pink color.
- Now add in honey, vanilla extract.
- Mix until combined and turn OFF the heat.
- Strain the cherries and save the sugar liquid.
- This liquid is used to make number of beverages and is referred by the name Cherry Grenadine.
- Refrigerate the Grenadine until chilled.
- Take it out from the refrigerator just before assembling the Mocktail.
- To assemble the Mocktail, into the cocktail shaker glass or any other steel glass, crush the ginger and add lemon juice.
- Add some Ice Cubes, grenadine syrup. (1/3 Cup per serving)
- Close the shaker and give it a good shake.
- Filter the mixture into the serving glass filled with enough Ice cubes and add some soda (3/4 Cup).
- Drop in some cherries and serve immediately.
- Repeat the steps 1 to 6 for making another serving.
- One can use store bought Grenadine syrup for making this Mocktail.
- One can make Grenadine syrup using Pemegranate kernels too.
- Make the Grenadine syrup before hand and store it in refrigerator. When you are ready to serve take the syrup out and put the drink together to ease the process of making this recipe.
- Grenadine syrup keeps well in the refrigerator for couple of weeks.