Are you looking for a yummy and quick snack ideas? This Chilli Cheese Toast is the perfect one which can be made in a jiffy and tastes so good. The spicy chillies when cooked with gooey cheese and crunchy bell peppers makes it a wonderful snack that everybody would love to have.
Watch Step by Step video of making Chilli Cheese Toast here:
Serves – 3
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 8 mins
- Bread – 4 Slices
- Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded) – 1/2 Cup packed
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Mini Bell Pepper/ Capsicum (finely chopped)* – 1 no
- Garlic (grated) – 1 Clove
- Milk – 2 Tbsp approx ( use just to make the cheese mixture moist) – optional (Use if the cheese is dry)
- Onion (Chopped) – 1 small no
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper (Crushed) – 1/4 tsp or to taste
- Cilantro (chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Oregano (crushed) – 1/4 tsp
- Green Chillies (finely chopped) – to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Line the baking sheet with some aluminum foil.
- Place the bread slices onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake them for 3 mins or until slightly crisp.
- Take them from the oven and set aside while preparing the cheese mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, add in cheese, oregano, green chillies, milk, grated garlic, butter, onion, bell pepper, black pepper, cilantro salt.
- Mix well.
- Now the Chilli Cheese Mixture is ready.
- Spread the cheese mixture on all the bread slices evenly.
- Place them back into the oven and bake for 4 mins or until the cheese melts.
- Once done remove from the oven and cut the slices vertically or diagonally.
- Serve them immediately as it is or with any favorite dip.
- For crispier chilli cheese toast, bake them 2 mins longer before and after placing the cheese mixture onto the bread slices.
- Adjust the baking time depending on the oven you are using.
- Use variety of grated vegetables to make another variation of chilli cheese toast.
- Use whole grain or whole wheat bread for a healthy alternative.
- One can add paneer in place of cheese and make a chilli paneer cheese toast.
- Use Capsicum/ Bell Pepper that is available. I used Red one, as it looks vibrant on the toast.
- Top with another toasted bread slice and make a chilli cheese toast sandwich.
- If making it for kids, use mildly spiced chillies or reduce the quantity of chillies.