Jal Jeera is a popular summer drink in India. It is refreshing and has bursting flavors coming from mint and freshly roasted and ground cumin seeds. One can call it an Indian Lemonade. Try this recipe and I’m sure you will be blown out. I freshly made a Jal Jeera Masala instead of using the store bought masala mix. That makes all the difference
Watch Step by Step Video Recipe here:
Serves – 2- 3 people
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Mint – Leaves – 1/4 Cup
- Coriander Leaves – 1/4 Cup
- Ginger – small piece
- Black Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (HIng) – pinch
- Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Lemon Juice – 2 1/2 Tbsps
- Sugar – 2 – 3 Tbsp or to taste
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Into a blender add in cilantro, mint leaves, black salt, ginger, asafoetida,salt, roasted cumin powder, dry mango powder.
- Add in 2 tsp of lemon juice first and crush all the ingredients to a coarse paste.
- Then add in the remaining lemon juice and grind to a fine paste.
- Pass the blended paste through sieve and mix with 2 cups of chilled water.
- Add in the sugar and mix well.
- Fill the serving glass with enough ice cubes and add in the Jal Jeera into the glass.
- Serve it immediately.