Simple blend of flavors and simple method of cooking makes this recipe best suitable to anybody who wants to cook in a jiffy. Potatoes and Peas when cooked together tastes wonderful and makes a great accompaniment with any Indian Flat Bread
Serves – 3
Preparation time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 10 mins
- Potatoes (peel and cut in 1 inch cubes) – 3 medium
- Green Peas – 1/2 Cup
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Onion (finely Chopped) – 1/2 no
- Salt – to taste
- Green Chillies (slit )- 2 or to taste
- Cilantro (chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic – 2 pods
- Ginger – small piece
- Tomatoes (Cubed) – 3
Five Spice Blend:
Coriander Powder – 1 Tbsp
Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 Tbsp or to taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Add 1/8 tsp of salt and 1 Tbsp of water to the Green Peas.
- Cover with a lid and microwave for 2 mins.
- This process helps in removing the sweetness of the peas.
- So once you have it done, set it aside.
- In a pressure cooker, add in oil.
- When the oil is medium hot add cumin seeds, green chillies, onion.
- Add in coriander powder, garam masala powder, red chilli powder,turmeric powder and cook for 2 mins.
- When waiting for the onions to get done, blend cubed tomatoes, ginger and garlic to a fine paste.
- Add this blended paste to the cooked onion mixture.
- For the tomato mixture for 2 mins.
- Add in the potato, boiled green peas, 3/4 Cup of water and salt.
- Mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Turn OFF the heat after cooking for three whistles.
- Let the pressure cool to the room temperature on its own (5 mins)
- Open the cover and mix once. Add in cilantro and serve hot or at room temperature with any Indian Flat Bread.