Chocolate Chip Cookies is a classic American recipe for a reason. They are soft and chewy. These Cookies are easy to make at home. So let’s start making them.
Makes – 15 Cookies
Preparation time – 15 mins
Baking time – 10 mins
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 Cup
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Butter (at room temperature) – 1/2 Cup
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips – 1/4 Cup to 1/2 Cup
- Cashews – 1/4 Cup
- Sugar – 1/4 Cup
- Light Brown Sugar -1/3 Cup
- Milk – 2 Tbsp (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line the Cookie Baking sheet with parchment paper or butter it.
- In a mixing bowl, add in flour, baking soda, salt. Mix together until well combined.
- In another bowl add in the butter and mix well until creamy (approx 30 secs).
- Add in the sugar and brown sugar, mix well with butter until combined (approx 1 min).
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add in the flour into the butter and sugar mixture (do this in three additions for easy mixing).
- Combine the flour and butter together to make a soft dough.
- If needed use splash of milk to properly bind everything together.
- Add in cashews, chocolate chips and mix well with the cookie dough.
- Shape the dough into cookies and place them on the baking tray leaving atleast 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake them for 10 mins or until the bottom of the cookie is golden and tops slightly start to change their color.
- Let them sit in the baking tray for 10 mins then carefully transfer onto a cooling rack.
- Serve them warm or at room temperature.
For Baking without oven.
- Preheat the pressure or any thick bottomed pan with 1 – 2 Cups of salt on high heat for 10 mins (Cover the pan with a lid)
- Place a small container or pressure cooker plates on top place the baking pan or plate on top.
- Put the shaped cookies on the plate and put the plate into the pan.
- Bake them on high heat for 10 mins or until bottoms are golden.
- Once done, turn OFF the heat and remove the tin from the pan and let it cool for 10 mins on the countertop.
- Serve them warm or at room temperature. Your Eggless Cookies are ready without oven.
- Adjust the cooking time and temperature depending on the pan you are using to bake them on the stove.