Paneer Stuffed Pepper Masala is a rich gravy, perfect to serve at a party table. But it is a easy to make recipe and goes well when served with any Indian bread like roti, phulka, naan etc.
Serves – 4
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 20 mins
- Ginger – small piece
- Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp or to taste + 1/2 tsp extra
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Jalapeno Peppers – 6 no
- Paneer (crumbled) – 1 Cup (packed)
- Tomatoes (cubed) – 2 no
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Garlic – 6 no (small)
- Roasted Peanuts – 3 Tbsp
- Green Chillies (finely chopped) – 2 no or to taste
- Onion (finely Chopped) – 1 medium
- Cilantro (finely chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp or to taste
- Deseed the peppers by making a cut vertically at the center of the pepper and open it gently. Remove the pith and seeds with a spoon. Set them aside.
- Now to flavor the paneer, add in salt, red chilli powder, amchoor powder, cilantro. Mix the spices well with the paneer and mash the paneer to make it smooth.
- Stuff the peppers with the paneer stuffing. (1 Tbsp in each pepper and save the remaining paneer stuffing.
- In a small pan, add in 1 Tbsp of oil and add the stuffed peppers, sprinkle some salt and fry them for five mins or until charred and tender.
- Into another pan add in the remaining oil and season with cumin seeds, onions and add salt and cook till onions are golden in color.
- While onions are sweating in the pan, meanwhile prepare tomato puree. So, add ginger, garlic, roasted peanuts, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, sugar and tomatoes.
- Blend them to a fine paste using some water. Set this aside.
- By this time the peppers will be cooked, so turn off the heat and set them aside.
- Check the onions, if they are slightly golden brown in color, then add in the ground tomato spice blend that we just made.
- Cook this mixture for 5 mins or until the oil oozes from the sides of the pan.Add green chillies, water.
- Add in the leftover paneer mixture that we saved after stuffing the peppers.
- Add more water, bring to a boil. Now add in the fried peppers and the left over oil in which you fried them.
- Finally garnish with cilantro and serve with your favorite Indian bread recipe.