A creamy and popular Indian dessert made with curdled milk and flavored with saffron.
Serves – 4
Preparation time – 10 mins
Cooking time – 5 hrs
- Rasgullas – Click Here for Rasgulla Recipe
- Milk – 1 litre + 3/4 Cup
- Pistachios (sliced) – 2 Tbsp
- Saffron – few
- Sugar – 1/3 Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Yellow food color – optional
- Into a heavy bottomed pan, add in the milk and let it come to a boil. Keep mixing it occasionally to prevent scalding.
- Meanwhile, into 3/4 Cup of milk add in powdered sugar. Add in yellow food color. Mix well until combined.
- Squeeze out the juice from the rasgullas by pressing gently in between your palms.
- Drop the rasgullas into the sweetened milk that we just made.
- Keep them aside.
- Meanwhile the milk should have probably come to boil. Add in the saffron.
- Continue to cook it further until the milk volume is reduced to 1 1/2 Cups.
- It takes about 10 mins to attain this stage.
- Keep acraping the sides and the bottom of the pan so that nothing sticks to the pan.
- So once the milk is reduced to 1 1/2 Cups, add in the sugar and cook for 5 mins.
- Turn of the heat and remove the thickened milk into a seperate bowl and let it cool completely.
- So once we have the milk soaked rasgullas and the thickened milk chilled, drop in the milk soaked rasgullas into the thickened milk.
- Top them with some sliced pistachios and serve immediately.