Cheese making sounds critical. Unlike other cheeses Mascarpone is easy to make and cheap when we make at home than buying from the stores. It is easy to make and tastes divine. It is widely used in making array of desserts. So here is the recipe.
- Heavy Cream – 1 pint or 473 ml
- Lime or lemon juice – 1 Tbsp
- Heat a medium sauce pan and add 2 Tbsp of water this helps in preventing the cream from burning.
- Add in the cream. Keep mixing the cream once in a while after every min.
- And heat the cream for 10 mins or until just ready to come to a boil.
- Now add in the lemon or lime juice.
- Continue to cook the cream mixture stirring it continuously on LOW heat till the mixture becomes thick.
- You dont see the curdling of the cream but only the mixture slightly thickens after adding the acidity.
- The mixture coats the back of the spatula nicely.
- Now, transfer this mixture onto a bowl topped with a sieve and lined with a muslin cloth.
- Let the mixture cool completely.
- This takes about 30 mins.
- Cover the cheese and refrigerate overnight.
- Resting times helps in setting the cream. It thickens it naturally.
- Now you have the mascarpone cheese to be used in the recipe. Enjoy!