Snow Balls are a great tasting and easy to make dessert. Made with fresh fruits, bread, topped with eggless custard and cream, makes them creamy and delightful. You can make them ahead of time and serve for lunch or dinner . I’m sure you will LOVE for their simplicity, taste and elegance.
Serves – 4
- Pear (chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Apple (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Orange (finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Cashews (Chopped) – 1 Tbsp
- Banana (finely chopped) – half no
- Cinnamon powder – pinch (optional)
- Grapes (finely chopped) – 5 no
- Almonds (chopped) – 4 no
- Pistachios (chopped) – 4
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp
- Jam – 1/4 Cup (I used Blueberry Jam, feel free to use any flavor that you prefer)
- Bread (trim the crust)- 4 slices
- Milk – 1/2 Cup
- Honey – 2 Tbsp
- Whipped Topping – 1/2 Cup You can use the fresh malai instead of cool whip
- Custard – Make using 250 ml of milk (watch my fruit custard recipe)
- Make custard and refrigerate it or use it at the room temperature.
- Into a mixing bowl, add in chopped pear, chopped apple, chopped orange segments, grapes, pistachios, almonds, cashews, cinnamon powder, chopped banana.
- Add 1 Tbsp of sugar and mix well until combined.
- Take one of the slices and apply 1/2 Tbsp of jam all over the bread slice on one side.
- Into separate bowl with milk, add in 1 Tbsp of sugar mix well until dissolved.
- Dip the bread slice into the milk and squeeze out extra milk. It should be just moist.
- Place 2 Tbsp of fruit stuffing at the center of the slice and join all the edges to shape into a round ball.
- Stuff all the bread slices in the similar fashion. Keep aside.
- Place the shaped ball in the serving bowl, add 2 Tbsp of custard.
- Add whipped topping on top. zdrizzle some honey on top.
- Add 1 tsp of jam on top. garnish with more fruit on top.
- If needed spread the jam slightly with the toothpick to give a marbled effect to the desert.
- Repeat this process with all the prepared fruit balls.
- Serve them chilled.